cipherlist with only tlsv1.3 ciphers reports error?

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Jul 19 21:08:56 UTC 2019

[Apologies if the formatting here is a little screwy. For the moment I have to use Outlook Web Interface, which is even more problematic than the standalone Outlook client.]

> > Different OpenSSL release?

> yes

>  openssl version
>         OpenSSL 1.1.1c  28 May 2019

Eh, that's probably it. I have the 1.1.1c sources here but haven't built it yet, on this machine. I'll give it a try over the weekend if I get a chance.

> > Difference in build configuration?

> yes

Nothing in your config stands out to me. I think it's some change introduced in 1.1.1c. If no one else on the list chimes in, I'll try debugging it once I have a chance.

> > Configuration file difference?

> which config file are you referring to?

The default OpenSSL configuration file. openssl.cnf, in the directory displayed by "openssl version -d". But I can't think offhand of anything in the configuration file that I'd expect to have this sort of effect. I don't think even engines would normally have any effect on cipher-list processing this way.

--
Michael Wojcik