cipherlist with only tlsv1.3 ciphers reports error?

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Sat Jul 20 16:57:04 UTC 2019

Shrug. I copied and pasted the command from PGNet Dev's email, and copied and pasted the result into my email. (I thought "TTLS" was a typo, but when the command worked as presented in the original email, didn't investigate further.) What I posted is nothing more or less than what the openssl executable currently on my system returns for that command.

Clearly that build of 1.1.1 does not work the way you expect.

That said, I'm no longer interested in *why* it doesn't. That's not the OpenSSL build we're shipping in any current product, and the configuration mechanism for the products I'm responsible for works as expected; that is, our tests confirm that the product is enabling both the configured TLSv1.3 suites and the configured pre-1.3 suites, on both client and server sides. I will, of course, save copies of Viktor's notes, since they contain important information about the operation of the ciphers command.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus