Ciphers provided by engine not accessible...?

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Mon Jul 22 19:49:20 UTC 2019

On 7/22/19, 3:38 PM, "Richard Levitte" <levitte at openssl.org> wrote:
   > > Turned out the failure was my misconfiguration - but the "config"
    > > man page doesn't seem to describe the *exact* order of the
    >  > statements/sections.
    >
    > It does, but perhaps not in a way you expected.

:-)

   >  So the "openssl_conf = openssl_init" line must be early in the config
   >  file.

Yep, as proven by my experience.

   >  The order of the different named sections doesn't (or
   >  shouldn't) really matter.

I agree with the "shouldn't", but in my experience it did. I had to move

[openssl_init]
engines = engine_section

to just above the [engine_section] itself - placing it in *any* other location in the file, including just after the "openssl_conf = " line, caused problems.