Openssl binary with statically linked libssl and libcrypto

K Lengauer kevin.lengauer at adnovum.ch
Wed Jul 24 11:00:11 UTC 2019

Hi Michael Mueller

Thank you for answering. So if I understand you correctly you also use the
"build.info" file to specify the static libraries as dependencies for the
'openssl' binary.

Do you encounter any segmentation faults when running the tests provided by
OpenSSL in the openssl/test/recipes, i.e. when running "make test"? The
segfaults occur during the category "70" tests, so during ssl/tls tests for
example when testing server - client connections. I only encounter these
segmentation faults when using the static libraries instead of the default
case with shared libs which confuses me a bit.
If you do not encounter these segfaults I guess the error is in my code
extensions (patches, added files). Or can there be another reason?

Regards,
Kevin

--
Sent from: http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/OpenSSL-User-f3.html