debugging a make/dependency issue

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Jun 7 11:36:53 UTC 2019

The first thing to do is reconfigure, as that will regenerate the
Makefile.

Otherwise, the thing I can think of is if someone mixed up INCLUDE and
SOURCE in a build.info.  The following in crypto/bn/build.info
would probably generate that kind of fault:

    SOURCE[../../libcrypto]=../include

The correct line would be:

    INCLUDE[../../libcrypto]=../include

(or well, if there's a '../include' somewhere in a SOURCE directive,
it should be removed)

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org