Query related to SSL_CTX_set_msg_callback_arg

Jeremy Harris jgh at wizmail.org
Mon Jun 10 10:05:08 UTC 2019

On 10/06/2019 09:32, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 07:16:26AM +0000, shalu dhamija via openssl-users wrote:
>
>>  Actually while setting the callback, we can not pass the user-defined/application data.
>
> You can however attach it to the SSL connection handle as "ex_data":

I fail to see the point.  You don't need to pass the data, only a
pointer to the data.  Any time you set the callback, you can set
the callback-arg.  When the callback is called it is given the arg;
if the arg was a pointer you can deref to get the data... which could
have been manipulated as needed in the interim.

Using the ex_data facility is not needed.

--
Cheers,
  Jeremy