TLSv12 Client Certificate Selection Behavior !!

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Tue Jun 11 16:15:44 UTC 2019

Yes. I for one would argue this existing behavior (i.e. not enforcing every mandate of every applicable standard, at every step of the way) is the Right Thing to do. While it's good that OpenSSL is increasingly providing functionality to make it easier for applications to follow the RFCs and other standards, it's also very important that applications have the flexibility to violate some aspects of those standards. That is critical for interoperability with non-standard peers, as Jakob wrote, and for testing, among other things.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus