error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type DH {aka struct dh_st}

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Fri Jun 28 21:41:23 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 09:22:48PM +0000, Mark Richter wrote:

> I've tried looking this up on the web, but there is no clear guidance on how to get around this.

The documentation is a good place to start.

    https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/DH_set0_pqg.html

If that's not it, look for other manpages that mention DH:

    https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/

In Postfix I have some macros that simulate 1.1.x interfaces for
OpenSSL 1.0.2:

    https://github.com/vdukhovni/postfix/blob/master/postfix/src/tls/tls.h#L87-L117

these are by no means a complete list, but my advice is to do
something similar, that is, switch to the 1.1.x APIs and define
forward-compatibility macros for 1.0.2.

--
	Viktor.