Reg solaris support for openssl 1.1.1b

ramakrushna mishra rama.krushna7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 08:43:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade openssl on solaris machine from 1.1.0e to 1.1.1b.
The "uname -a " output from solaris is :

> SunOS  5.10 Generic_147147-26 sun4v sparc sun4v

The Configure and installation of openssl was successful.
But when i run "bin/openssl version" it fails with following error.

 "openssl version

ld.so.1: openssl: fatal: relocation error: file openssl: symbol
OPENSSL_sk_new_null: referenced symbol not found".

could you please anyone let me know what could be the problem ?

Thanks and regards,

Ram Krushna