i2d_X509_REQ() -> d2i_X509_REQ() = asn1 encoding routines:c2i_ASN1_OBJECT:invalid object encoding:a_object.c:287

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Fri Mar 22 18:12:44 UTC 2019

Hmm... Registering an OID dedicated to express this case should be feasible, and perfectly within the ASN.1 rules. One question - where in the OID tree would it live, as offhand I don't have any idea. It can't be too deep down, and also, it better be fairly short.

On 3/22/19, 12:34, "openssl-users on behalf of Michael Wojcik" <openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com> wrote:

> [...]

    What about registering a new OID for "missing required object"? Then at least there'd be a standard way to represent this case, and other parsers could decide to accommodate it however they prefer.

    I'm by no means an ASN.1 expert, so this may be a dumb idea.

    --
    Michael Wojcik
    Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus