Custom secure heap implementation

Dr Paul Dale paul.dale at oracle.com
Mon May 6 05:07:39 UTC 2019

We would consider a patch of this nature.  There are plenty of platforms where we don’t know and don’t support secure memory.  Having customisable hooks would allow them secure memory too.

Yes, is *must* be thread safe — just like the existing implementation.

The malloc and free are the important calls.  I’m not sure the size and allocated calls are used widely (but it’s worth a check).
Secure memory *always* cleanses currently and I don’t see that changing — if something is important enough to put in secure memory, it’s important enough to zero on free.

Pauli

--
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption
Phone +61 7 3031 7217