EVP_aes_128_cbc_hmac_sha256() not working on arm64 architecture

Mirko J. Ploch openssl at mirko.wtf
Mon May 6 15:41:39 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to use EVP_aes_128_cbc_hmac_sha256() for encryption on an iOS
device with arm64 architecture. I was able to get it working with the
x86_64 architecture when running the iOS device simulator on an iMac. Is
this just not capable of working on an arm64 platform?

Looking at the code for EVP_aes_128_cbc_hmac_sha256, it does not look like
it. I'm hoping that there is a way to get it working.
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/OpenSSL_1_1_1b/crypto/evp/e_aes_cbc_hmac_sha256.c

Thank you,
Mirko J. Ploch