configuring callbacks (or not) and SNI vs not... no shared cipher from server end

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed May 8 20:23:38 UTC 2019

My questions about the documentation of the callbacks remain.
Having solved the problem, I'm pretty certain the the "no shared cipher"
error message is way too overloaded.

Some piece of code is clearly doing something useful, which is to check if
the public/private key match.  Unfortunately, that code is not announcing
the mismatch in a useful way.

My provisioning script, due to a typo, was generating new CSRs, but sending
an ancient CSR with an old public key.  Writing up the problem, I eventually
noticed the public key dump from the private key file did not match the
dump from the certificate.