Building OpenSSL with Emscripten

Sunghyun Park sunggg at umich.edu
Fri May 10 20:29:36 UTC 2019

Hi, all. Thanks for your help, I could finish compilation to the end.
However, athough I successfully compiled with _no-asm_ options, I found a
problem when loading the compiled library in the 3rd party code base.
When looking into the source code, the definition of some function seems to
require a specific preprocessor to be compiled.
(For example, PEM_write_bio_DSAPrivateKey needs '#define OPENSSL_FIPS'.)
I installed *openssl-1.0.2r.tar.gz *and only provided *no-asm* for
configuration.
Am I missing some dependencies or necessary options?
The error I'm facing is as follows:

error: undefined symbol: AES_ctr128_encrypt
warning: To disable errors for undefined symbols use `-s
ERROR_ON_UNDEFINED_SYMBOLS=0`
error: undefined symbol: AES_set_encrypt_key
error: undefined symbol: BIO_ctrl
error: undefined symbol: BIO_free
error: undefined symbol: BIO_new
error: undefined symbol: BIO_s_mem
error: undefined symbol: BN_bn2bin
error: undefined symbol: BN_free
error: undefined symbol: BN_is_bit_set
error: undefined symbol: BN_new
error: undefined symbol: BN_num_bits
error: undefined symbol: BN_set_word
error: undefined symbol: CRYPTO_free
error: undefined symbol: CRYPTO_malloc
error: undefined symbol: DSA_free
error: undefined symbol: DSA_generate_key
error: undefined symbol: DSA_generate_parameters_ex
error: undefined symbol: DSA_new
error: undefined symbol: EC_KEY_free
error: undefined symbol: EC_KEY_generate_key
error: undefined symbol: EC_KEY_get0_group
error: undefined symbol: EC_KEY_get0_public_key
error: undefined symbol: EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name
error: undefined symbol: EC_KEY_set_asn1_flag
error: undefined symbol: EC_POINT_point2oct

Any advice would be a great help!
Thank you.

--
Best, Sung