opensslconf.h file not generated

Samiya Khanum samiya.khanum at broadcom.com
Mon May 13 12:19:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

Earlier our application used openSSL version 1.0.2n. We want to upgrade to
1.1.1b.
When I compile openssl, I see "opensslconf.h" not found error.

../../../../vendor/openssl/include/openssl/e_os2.h:13:34: fatal error:
openssl/opensslconf.h: No such file or directory

With below configure options, opensslconf.h file is not generated. I tried
giving --prefix, --openssldir, disable-deprecated options as well.

./Configure linux-generic32

./Configure \
            no-idea no-md2 no-md4 no-mdc2 no-rc2 no-rc5 \
            -DOPENSSL_SYSNAME_LINUX -DOPENSSL_USE_IPV6
-DOPENSSL_IMPLEMENTS_strncasecmp \
            -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections \
            shared no-hw no-asm \
            -m32 linux-generic32

Am I missing any option in Configure. Can someone help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Samiya khanum