Crashes when generating certificate

Christopher R restemayer at gmail.com
Mon May 13 21:44:30 UTC 2019

So I'm trying to create a certificate for a new user on my domain.
Created the certificate... got everything set up... went to use it and
the email is completely wrong.  Oops.  Missed it when I updated the
configuration file, and,unfortunately, its necessary, because login
depends on the email associated with the certificate.

Ok, take 2.  Delete everything.  Delete the certificates, the request,
all of it for that new user.  Correct the config file and try again.
Gets to the end and throws TXT_DB Error number 2.  Look it up and its
because a certificate with that common name is already in the
database.  Someone recommends editing that certificate out of the
database, so I pull up the index file, find the line for the incorrect
certificate, and delete it.

Cool.  Take 3.  Generates the key and the request.  Try generating the
certificate... it asks for a password and then does... nothing.  Kicks
directly to command prompt.  No error.  No lines of text.  No
questions.  Nothing created.  Password->command prompt.  What is going
on here and how do I fix this?

All I want is whatever remnants of that incorrect certificate removed,
where ever they are, and a correct certificate created.