FIPS module for OpenSSL 1.1.1x

Dr Paul Dale paul.dale at oracle.com
Fri May 17 06:31:30 UTC 2019

In answer to the second question: there will *never* be a FIPS module for any 1.1.1 OpenSSL version.
The next version of OpenSSL will be 3.0.0 and it will support FIPS.
There will be a gap in FIPS support between the end of life of 1.0.2 and the validation of 3.0.0.

Pauli
--
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption
Phone +61 7 3031 7217