Reg missing rc4-ia64.pl in openssl 1.1.1

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu May 30 00:10:27 UTC 2019

What, no love for unobtainable archaic platforms?

Personally, I'm bemoaning the lack of a rc4-romp.pl for AIX 2 on my RT PC. And the shocking lack of assembly modules for the PDP-11.

In all seriousness: It's pretty cool that OpenSSL still includes assembly modules for what are now rather niche architectures such as MIPS and PA-RISC. And in case all this is too convoluted for the OP, rc4-ia64.pl doesn't apply to extant AIX systems, which are all some variant of POWER, not IA64.

(OK, somewhere someone probably has one of the other AIX variants running - AIX/390 might be the last non-POWER AIX to die, if I had to bet. But probably not AIX IA64.)

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus