OpenSSL server sending certificate chain(inc. root cert) during handshake

Jason Schultz jetson23 at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 19:45:01 UTC 2019

Right, I realize it doesn't have to be sent, my questions are why is it sent and is there a way to force OpenSSL to not send it?

You may have answered the first question as to "why?". But is OpenSSL doing this just to make problems easier to diagnose? Are there other reasons?

More importantly, can I force OpenSSL to not send the root cert?

Thanks,

Jason