Usage of Secure C (memcpy_s, strcpy_s etc) functions on OpenSSL

Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Tue Nov 26 13:38:56 UTC 2019

Hello Raja,

according to our policy, the OpenSSL C source code needs to conform to ISO C90, which makes it
impossible to adopt C11 features.

                 Chapter 20:  Portability

To maximise portability the version of C defined in ISO/IEC 9899:1990
should be used. This is more commonly referred to as C90. ISO/IEC 9899:1999
(also known as C99) is not supported on some platforms that OpenSSL is
used on and therefore should be avoided.

(see https://www.openssl.org/policies/codingstyle.html)

Matthias