"Unable to connect to Wiktionary" .

Freddy Anaut rafab969 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 18:49:13 UTC 2019

Hi!!

I have “OpenSSL 1.1.1d Light” (32 bit) installed for playing a game that needs it.
It is called “Connectagram” (Anagram game) .
“Connectagram” version I have is 1.2.10 .

I have a “Windows 10 Home Edition” PC. It is a 64bit System Type.
The processor is:
Intel(R) Core ™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10GHz.
Windows version I have is: 1903 and the system operative version is:
18362.418  .

The author of the game says :

“Wiktionary requires SSL. Windows users will need to install Win32 OpenSSL to fetch the definitions”.

Before last version of “Connectagram”, I had the same issue as now:
On solving words, definitions window opens, and says:
“Unable to connect to Wiktionary”, and sometimes: “Downloading definition”, and gets stuck there for a long time…
 I followed the instructions on a webpage , that said to download the “libeay” and “ssleay” files and paste on some system folders.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/OpenSSL

In the last versión of the programme, I solved the issue by following that webpage guide.
But now, in spite of downloading that files I cannot get “Connectagram” to fetch definitions from “Wiktionary”.

I have done another thing, I don’t know whether I should have done:
To set the configuration file of “OpenSSL” as this webpage says at the end .

https://www.osradar.com/install-openssl-windows/

Does anyone have any idea to get the definitions from “Wiktionary”??

(Or to get “OpenSSL” to work in my system, for it does not) .

Thanks!!