use of makedepend in openssl 1.1.1

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu Oct 24 23:21:25 UTC 2019

And, of course, makedepend is never *necessary* for building anything. You can create dependencies by hand, or always do a full build if you change any headers, and so on.

makedepend is an optimization for the build process. As such, it has exactly the same purpose in OpenSSL as it does in any other project.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus