Compute EC_KEY starting from X or Y coordinate only

Luca Di Mauro luca.dimauro at cnit.it
Fri Oct 25 11:19:33 UTC 2019

Mh, maybe I didn't understand.

If I have an x-point which follows this representation
https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-jivsov-ecc-compact-05.html (so it is
composed by 33 byte and first byte is '0x02') and I use
'EC_POINT_set_compressed_coordinates_GFp' function, it will be
considered as compressed-y-0 or compressed-y-1? Or it is correctly
considered as the x coordinate?

Luca