Compute EC_KEY starting from X or Y coordinate only

Thulasi Goriparthi thulasi.goriparthi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 11:41:09 UTC 2019

Call to EC_POINT_set_compressed_coodinates() with with x-coordinate and
y-bit will resolve the curve equation for y and chooses y out of two
possible y values based on y-bit input.

You can retrieve the x and y co-ordinates using
EC_POINT_get_affine_coordinates as below, where x-cordinate matches with
your input x.

EC_POINT_get_affine_coordinates(group, ec_pub_key, bn_x, bn_y, NULL);

Thanks,
Thulasi.