CSR with only public key

Bharathi Prasad barati.j.prasad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 07:50:23 UTC 2019

Hi,
I have the public key of the client but not the private key. I am required
to generate a CSR with only public key. I understand private key is required
for Proof of Possession. However, as per my requirement I am supposed to
create CSR only with public key and my CA would create a certificate.

I was able to create a CSR with CX509CertificateRequestCertificate and
CX509Enrollment classes using the available public key. When I try to read
the contents the of CSR in openssl (i used this command: openssl req -in
client.csr -noout -text) i get "unable to load X509 request".

Is this happening because the CSR does not contain the signature of private
key or the CSR is faulty.

Kindly help me.

Regards,
Bharathi