Linker errors when trying to build OpenSSL with MD2 and RC5 support

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Sep 13 18:41:22 UTC 2019

Reconfiguring changes the makefiles. You should always clean after a reconfigure. That's true for the vast majority of software projects that use a makefile-creating build process.

> But I also want to know after that whether or not it's possible to enable all of the
> algorithms supported by OpenSSL version 1.1.1d.

If it's not possible to enable an algorithm, it isn't actually "supported", is it?

If Configure claims a particular algorithm can be enabled, then if it's not actually possible to build with it enabled and use it, I'd say that's a bug somewhere. I haven't tried to build with all possible Configure options enabled, though.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus