building openssl-1.1.1d with "enable-deprecated"

Peter Sui peters at qnext.com
Mon Sep 16 15:09:44 UTC 2019

Hi Matt,
        So you are saying configuring with "enable-deprecated" or not won't
make the build different, they are all actually support the deprecated
functions, right ? If yes, then in my application , if  I have
"OPENSSL_USE_DEPRECATED"
defined, the depecated functions in my application should still work,
right?  But it does not work. And as I imagine, in the openssl header
files(after a successful build), it should have some "#if defines
OPENSSL_USE_DEPRECATED"
like statement, but I don't see it anywhere, can you tell me how it works?

Thanks!

Peter