building openssl-1.1.1d with "enable-deprecated"

Peter Sui peters at qnext.com
Mon Sep 16 15:26:48 UTC 2019

Hi Matt,
       I said " It does not work" means, after I build the open-ssl1.1.1d
with or without the "enable-deprecated" configuration, then use the
library, header files in my application as before with the older
version(1.0.2t), then my build failed, the errors are like:
Error C3861 'HMAC_CTX_init': identifier not found
Error C3861 'HMAC_CTX_cleanup': identifier not found
and more related to some struct def difference.
But as I imagine, it should not happen, right ?

Peter