Working inside X509_STORE_CTX using verification callbacks

Simon Edwards Simon.Edwards at microfocus.com
Wed Sep 25 16:58:50 UTC 2019

Okay.

Thanks Matt, I didn't see that one in x509_vfy.c, I must look harder.

I will modify our own copy of OpenSSL1.1.1c to provide the missing functions and open a PR on the master.

Simon Edwards

On 25/09/2019 12:31, Matt Caswell wrote:

On 25/09/2019 12:22, Simon Edwards wrote:
>     void X509_STORE_CTX_set0_error(X509_STORE_CTX *ctx, int error) {
>
>        ctx->error = error;
>
>    }

This one already exists:

void X509_STORE_CTX_set_error(X509_STORE_CTX *ctx, int err)
{
    ctx->error = err;
}

Other missing accessors could be added (and even backported to stable releases)
if there is a strong enough justification for wanting them.

Matt