OpenSSL compilation errors in Windows

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Mon Sep 30 11:02:23 UTC 2019

On 30/09/2019 11:56, Nagalakshmi V J wrote:

> In our code, We included “ssl_locl.h” which in turn includes packet_locl.h. Any
> way to avoid this kind of error?

Don't include "ssl_locl.h"!!! This is an internal header file and relying on it
is likely to cause problems for you. There are no stability guarantees if you
use internal stuff. For example commit b5acbf9148 just renamed that file to
ssl_local.h. That change will be in OpenSSL 1.1.1e - so your code will break at
that point if you upgrade.

Anything in your code that relies on that internal data will need to be
rewritten to use the public APIs instead.

Matt