building openssl 1.1.1 for Solaris 10

tim.j.culhane at gmail.com tim.j.culhane at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:35:08 UTC 2020

Hi,

Ok, attempting to build openssl 1.1.1e  now.

As prompted by the config script  I'm  running Configure as  follows:

./Configure solaris64-sparcv9-cc --prefix=/opt/openssl/1.1.1
--openssldir=/opt/openssl/1.1.1

That completes successfully.  However, when I then run gmake I see  warnings
like the below:

cc: Warning: -xarch=v9 is deprecated, use -m64 to create 64-bit programs

How can I configure the makefiles so they use  '-m64'.

I tried passing  '-m64' as an argument to the Configure script but that
didn't make any difference.

Regards,

Tim