OpenSSL vs SPKI

William Roberts bill.c.roberts at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 05:03:25 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020, 11:59 PM Jason Proctor <jason at spatiallabs.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 9:44 PM William Roberts <bill.c.roberts at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > There's setter functions now. See:
> > https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.0/man3/RSA_set0_key.html
>
> Thanks, yes it does look like that replaces direct access to "n" and
> "e". It's a hack, but it might work for the moment.
>
> Ideally though I wouldn't be reliant on offsets into the binary SPKI
> structure :-)

I don't think I would consider it a hack necessarily. I work on the TPM
stack and have to convert TPM structures to RSA public key structures for
ooenssl to utilize, and we use this routine along the way. I would imagine
theirs a higher level public from private routine you can call. I would
dissect what:

openssl rsa -in mykey.pem -pubout > mykey.pub

Is doing