TLSv1 on CentOS-8

Junaid Mukhtar junaid.mukhtar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:57:49 UTC 2020

Hi Team

I am trying to enable TLSv1 on CentOS-8. We don't have the ability to
upgrade the server unfortunately so we need to enable TLSv1 with
weak-ciphers on OpenSSL.

I have tried to build the OpenSSL version manually using switches "./config
--prefix=/usr/local/openssl --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl shared
enable-weak-ssl-ciphers enable-deprecated enable-rc4 enable-tls1 zlib"
which ran successfully

[root at 2cb6477375aa openssl-OpenSSL_1_1_1c]# openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.1c  28 May 2019

But i am still not able to run the "openssl s_client -connect " command
without specifying -tls1 in it. Build accepts the weak-ciphers but not the
tls1 version.

Can someone please help me with this?

--------
Regards,