opensssl 1.1.1g test failure(s)

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue Apr 21 21:49:25 UTC 2020

On 21/04/2020 18:34, Claus Assmann wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, below is the output, It seems it only fails
> because the host doesn't support IPv6?

Yes - it does seem to be an IPv6 problem. I don't recall any recent
changes in this area. Were you successfully able to run the tests with
previous versions of OpenSSL?

Looks like the failing call is here:

        if (setsockopt(sock, IPPROTO_IPV6, IPV6_V6ONLY,
                       (const void *)&on, sizeof(on)) != 0) {

To which we get an errno indicating "Invalid argument". So it looks like
your host has the relevant IPV6 macros defined (otherwise we would have
got a compilation failure) - but doesn't understand them when used.

If you're not using IPv6 on that host and this is the only test failure
then it can probably be safely ignored.