OpenSSL version 3.0.0-alpha1 published

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Apr 25 21:15:43 UTC 2020

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
<20200425210613.ScjXN%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |Hello once more.
 |
 |OpenSSL wrote in
 |<20200423142936.GA24450 at openssl.org>:
 ||   OpenSSL version 3.0 alpha 1 released
 |
 |I do not understand one thing at the moment.  If i use
 |no-deprecated then the stack handling is not available:
 |
 |  /*
 |   * If we're building OpenSSL, or we have no-deprecated configured,
 |   * then we don't define the inline functions (see |SKM_DEFINE_STACK_OF|,
 |   * above), we just declare the stack datatypes. Otherwise, for compatibil\
 |   ity
 |   * and to not remove the API's, we define the functions.  We have the
 |   * trailing semicolon so that uses of this never need it.
 |   */
 |  #if defined(OPENSSL_BUILDING_OPENSSL) || defined(OPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED_3\
 |  _0)
 |  # define DEFINE_OR_DECLARE_STACK_OF(s) STACK_OF(s);
 |
 |This of course results in all the stack things not being
 |available, for example
 |
 |  /.../xtls.c:1444:20: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sk_X509_\
 |  num'; did you mean 'X509_new'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 |      for (i = 0; i < sk_X509_num(certs); ++i) {
 |
 |How can i access stacks without those accessors?
 |Is this documented somewhere, i stopped searching for answers
 |anywhere else, which is why i write this.

Hihihi, after sending this mail i thought i go git, and indeed
i found

  commit 852c2ed260
  Author:     Rich Salz <rsalz at akamai.com>
  AuthorDate: 2019-12-19 17:30:24 -0500
  Commit:     Tomas Mraz <tmraz at fedoraproject.org>
  CommitDate: 2020-04-24 16:42:46 +0200

      In OpenSSL builds, declare STACK for datatypes ...

So i try that now.
Ciao from Germany, a nice Sunday, and Good luck!

--steffen