OpenSSL compliance with Linux distributions

Patrick Mooc patrick.mooc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 20:28:26 UTC 2020

Thank you very much Kyle for your quick and clear answer.

The reason why I want to upgrade OpenSSL version, is that I encounter a
problem with 1 frame exchange between client and server.

This frame is the first packet sent from client to server (Client Hello
Packet) and the protocol used for this packet is SSLv2.
I don't understand why, because I force the use of TLSv1 (in ssl.conf
file as in application software), but only for this first exchange
packet, SSLv2 is used. All other packets are well using TLSv10 as
configured.

I have also searched for forcing the use of TLSv10 ciphers in OpenSSL
configuration and in application software, but I didn't succeed doing so.

That's why I had in idea of upgrading OpenSSL version to avoid the use
of SSLv2 protocol.

Thus, if you have any idea of how to solve my problem without upgrading
OpenSSL version or Linux distribution, It would be very nice.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best Regards,