FIPS canister questions

Tomas Mraz tm at t8m.info
Tue Aug 18 18:05:38 UTC 2020

Hello,
there is no way to do that. The CentOS OpenSSL build does not allow using the upstream Fips object module.
In theory you could replace the CentOS openssl library with upstream 1.0.2 library built in way that it allows using the fipscanister.o however it would require non-trivial patching of the upstream OpenSSL 1.0.2 code to make it compatible with the rest of the system.

⁣Tomáš​ Mráz