Checking if a key can sign / verify in 3.0

Norm Green norm.green at gemtalksystems.com
Fri Aug 21 17:59:12 UTC 2020

No comments on my question? Should there not be a way to know if an
EVP_PKEY is valid for verification besides attempting the verify
operation and getting a weird error code?  Doesn't seem like too much to
expect since we already have EVP_PKEY_can_sign().
I'm happy to implement EVP_PKEY_can_verify() with some assurance such a
PR would be accepted.

Norm Green