openssl asym_cipher/signature provider

Thulasi Goriparthi thulasi.goriparthi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:04:43 UTC 2020

Hello,

Is it acceptable for an openssl provider to implement an algorithm
(rsaEncryption) as asym_cipher or signature algorithm without implementing
corresponding keymgmt or redirecting the same to the 'default' provider?

I ask, as our engine implementation handles key import dynamically at time
of offloading crypto operation, using ex_data of key objects. I want to
quickly upgrade this to a provider to convince myself that the basic
upgrade from engine to provider isn't time consuming.

Thanks,
Thulasi.