[EXTERNAL] RE: DH_compute_key () - replacement in 3.0

Sands, Daniel dnsands at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 16 20:43:15 UTC 2020

Hi Daniel,
                Thanks we will try it out.
One more doubt regarding  DH_generate_key, as per earlier suggestion we tried following changes to replicate the generate key, but we observe that the out put key is not matching with the one that is obtained by DH_generate_key() of older version. Note that the inputs are same in both scenario.

The generated key should be random.  So unless you seed your PRNG with a constant value, you should always generate a different public/private keypair.  Between OpenSSL versions, the PRNG may have changed, so I would not depend on them to output the same value even with the same PRNG seed.