Set custom bn_mod_exp functions in openssl 1.1.1

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 10:37:48 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-12-17 at 15:16 +0530, prudvi raj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to set custom accelerated functions for bn_mod_exp methods in
> openssl 1.1.1, while upgrading for openssl 1.0.2. Here's the code
> snippet () :
> --
>     static DH_METHOD Intoto_DH_Method;
>     static RSA_METHOD Intoto_RSA_Method;
>     static DSA_METHOD Intoto_DSA_Method;
>
>     void updatePublicKeyMethods()
>     {
>         Intoto_DH_Method = *(DH_get_default_method());
>         Intoto_DH_Method.bn_mod_exp = Intoto_DH_mod_exp;
>         DH_set_default_method(&Intoto_DH_Method);
>
>         Intoto_RSA_Method = *(RSA_get_default_method());
>         Intoto_RSA_Method.bn_mod_exp = Intoto_RSA_mod_exp;
>         RSA_set_default_method(&Intoto_RSA_Method);
>
>         Intoto_DSA_Method = *(DSA_get_default_method());
>         Intoto_DSA_Method.bn_mod_exp = Intoto_DSA_mod_exp;
>         DSA_set_default_method(&Intoto_DSA_Method);
>
>         return;
>     }
> --
> As RSA_METHOD,DSA_METHOD & DH_METHOD objects are Opaque now , Can
> anyone help me with what would be the replacement for above code ??

There is RSA_meth_set_bn_mod_exp() function and the respective
equivalents for DH and DSA. Of course you'll also have to use
RSA_meth_dup() to duplicate the default method before you can
manipulate it. And you'll need to free it once you stop using the
OpenSSL functions.

--
Tomáš Mráz
                                              Turkish proverb