<can we convert keys in BIGNUM format to EVP_PKEY format>

Narayana, Sunil Kumar sanarayana at rbbn.com
Mon Dec 21 19:26:51 UTC 2020

Dear Openssl team,
                While migrating from 1.0.2 to 3.0 we are stuck in replacing DH_compute_key() with its equivalent EVP_PKEY_derive()
The input we have is of type (BIGNUM  *bn_peer_publicKey / bn_privateKey). But the example showed in the man page
EVP_PKEY_derive_init ...  requires the peer_publickey/privatekey  in EVP_PKEY format. we are not finding the way to convert the BIGNUM keys to EVP_PKEY.
Please suggest the required steps to achieve the compute key functionality using the existing BIGNUM private and peer public keys

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. that
is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, disclosure, reliance or
distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.