Using AES utilities in 3.0

Jan Danielsson jan.m.danielsson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 16:50:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-29 19:29, Narayana, Sunil Kumar wrote:
>                 While migrating from 1.0.2 to 3.0 we observe that AES utility functions are deprecated in 3.0.
> Please suggest the equivalent replacements for these API that are been currently used by our application
>
> AES_KEY --->    Structure declaration is also not visible to applications
> AES_decrypt
> AES_set_decrypt_key
> AES_set_encrypt_key
> AES_encrypt

   As you've noticed, you're not supposed to use the raw cryptographic
primitives -- applications should use the application interfaces
instead.  See https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/EVP, or more
specifically
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/EVP_Symmetric_Encryption_and_Decryption

> Please suggest the corresponding manpage

   This is for 1.1.1, but I assume it's the same, or similar, in 3.0:

   evp(7)
   EVP_EncryptInit(3)

--
Kind Regards,