writev over OpenSSL

Eran Borovik eran.borovik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:27:52 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I am in the process of integrating OpenSSL with my application. My
application uses scatter-gather unencrypted buffers. Without OpenSSL, I
would use writev with no issues. Is there a way to do the equivalent over
OpenSSL? I understand that I can split the vector into multiple
SSL_write/SSL_read operations but that defeats the purpose and has a large
overhead. Creating a temporary buffer and then consolidating the vector is
a problem because of the performance cost associated with memory copy.
Is there a clean way to achieve this without the performance overhead.
Perhaps dealing with BIOs directly?

Many thanks,
Eran