writev over OpenSSL

Eran Borovik eran.borovik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 19:11:14 UTC 2020

I truly appreciate all the answers. Makes sense!!
Most of my background is from systems where reducing (or even eliminating)
memory copy by the CPU was the holy grail (using RDMA and other such
techniques). I do realize that compared to all the other overheads in the
network and OpenSSL path, we can argue that the extra memory copy isn't as
prohibitive as it first seemed to me. I still think that in case OpenSSL
turns out to use some hardware to offload the processing, then the extra
memory copy might be noticeable, but I totally agree that in the general
case this will not be an issue.
So, temporary buffer it is. Thanks you very much for all the help.