Problems adding specific extensions to signed certificates

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Feb 7 20:07:11 UTC 2020

It doesn't.

I just reviewed this whole note stream, and realized you're using "openssl req" to create the certificate, rather than "openssl ca", according to your first note.

openssl req doesn't respect copy_extensions, because it doesn't use a CA-section in the configuration file.

To accomplish what you want, you'll have to use openssl ca. There are a number of walkthroughs online for setting that up.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus