Getting compilation errors after upgrade to openssl 1.1.1d, errors pointing to openssl header files

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Fri Feb 7 21:12:52 UTC 2020

That error suggests you're compiling a C source file that includes <opensslconf.h> with __cplusplus defined. (Don't do that. __cplusplus should only be defined by the compiler itself, and only when compiling C++ source files.)

Or you're using an extremely old C++ compiler. Or there's something really wrong with your compiler.

Whatever this is, I can't see how it's an OpenSSL problem.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus