Query regarding SSL_ERROR_SSL during SSL handshake

Mahendra SP mahendra.sp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 05:16:09 UTC 2020

Hi All,

We are using Openssl version 1.0.2h. When we call SSL_do_handshake,
sometimes we notice that handshake fails with error SSL_ERROR_SSL.
As per the documentation for this error, it is non recoverable and fatal
error.  Documentation also mentions to check the error queue for further
details. Does it mean, calling SSL_get_error after SSL_ERROR_SSL will give
exact reason for this failure?

Could you please let me know ways to identify the cause of this error?

Thanks
Mahendra