OpenSSL 3.0

Sam Roberts vieuxtech at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:56:40 UTC 2020

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:44 AM Salz, Rich <rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:

> The 3.0 release is a work in progress and is not done yet.
>
> FIPS 3.0 === OpenSSL 3.0, using a FIPS-validated crypto provider which will be part of OpenSSL 3.0.
>
> The architecture documents are at https://www.openssl.org/docs

Rich, I've seen all that, Matt says

> alpha1, 2020-03-31: Basic functionality plus basic FIPS module

That's 5 weeks from now, I'd thought the basic structure might be present now.

I'm willing to start some testing now to give early feedback, and to
get a sense of what will involved in porting Node.js.

If asking for information is too distracting, no problem, I'll wait
another month for the alpha and hope it contains some info on how to
do this:

> using a FIPS-validated crypto provider

Cheers,
Sam