aes_cbc_hmac_sha1 implementation

Phani 2004 phani2004 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 09:11:29 UTC 2020

OK. I understood that "AES-128-CBC-HMAC-SHA1"(aesni_cbc_hmac_sha1) always
does mte.
I am trying to implement engine implementation of combined mode cipher
aes_cbc_hmac_sha1.
So in my aes_cbc_hmac_sha1_cipher implementation should i do mte only?

If hardware engine can do both operations in a single request and save
time. Also, say there is a flag which indicates whether its mte or etm.
How should my aes_cbc_hmac_sha1 implementation look like?
Should it do only mte always? Should i have two ciphers, one for etm and
other for mte.
But how to i tell openssl to use this cipher for etm and other for mte
without changing the openssl code.

One more query i have is, how do we pass the etm option to the openssl in
conf file.

Regards
Phani